1. With the rapid development of China's economy and the increase of foreign exchanges, great progress has been made in the construction of urban infrastructure. The formation of each road trunk will herald the emergence of a new economic growth point, which plays an important role in promoting the economic development of cities and surrounding areas. How to prolong the service life of urban roads, reduce the occurrence of road diseases (such as cracks, network cracks, vertical and horizontal cracks, congestion), reduce the cost of urban road maintenance, and give full play to its due role, is an important subject urgently needed to be studied by the engineering and technical personnel engaged in municipal engineering construction. From March to November 1999, we used a new type of composite glass fibre geogrid in the road widening project of Pingyang South Road in Taiyuan City, which totals 4400 m2. It fundamentally solved the construction technology problem of connecting the old and new roads in the road widening project construction, eradicated the pavement diseases caused by this, and achieved good social and economic benefits. It has high popularization and application value.
2. The application of fiberglass Geogrids in foreign countries, especially in Europe, America and Japan, has a history of several decades. It extensively involves many fields such as road construction, railway construction, reservoir dam, underground engineering construction and so on. However, due to the limitation of concept in China, especially in road construction, the application is still very narrow, basically a blank. This new composite material not only has low quality and price, but also has the most outstanding advantages of reducing road maintenance costs, prolonging road service life and reducing the occurrence of road diseases. The special glass fiber geogrid for road is a new kind of excellent base material for strengthening road pavement. The product is coated with fibre filament on both sides. It has high longitudinal and transverse tensile strength, low elongation and high temperature resistance. After surface treatment, it has high alkali resistance and can be used in the construction of asphalt concrete pavement and cement concrete pavement. Compared with traditional pavement structure, it can reduce engineering cost and maintenance cost, and prolong the service life of the road. Effective prevention of road reflection cracks, cracks, cracks and other common quality defects.
3. The excellent characteristics of fiberglass geogrids
1) High tensile strength, low elongation - glass fiber geogrid is made of glass fiber as raw material. Beyond other fibers and metals. At the same time, it has high modulus and high strength of glass fiber. It has high deformation resistance and fracture elongation less than 3%.
2) No long-term creep - glass fiber geogrid as reinforcement material. This ensures that the product can temporarily adhere to performance. The ability to resist deformation under temporary loads, i.e. creep resistance, is very important for glass fibers to avoid creep. This ensures the thermal stability of glass fiber Geogrids in paving operations.
3) Thermal stability - melting temperature of glass fibers is above 1000 C.
4) Compatibility with asphalt mixtures - glass fiber geogrids are coated in the post-treatment process. Each fiber designed for asphalt mixtures is fully coated. It ensures that the glass fiber grille will not be isolated from the asphalt mixture in the asphalt layer, and has high compatibility with asphalt. It's a solid bond.
5) Physicochemical stability - coating with special post-treatment agent. Ensure that its performance is not affected. Fiberglass geogrids can resist physical wear, chemical erosion, biological erosion and climate change.
6) Aggregate lock-in and restriction - because the fiberglass geogrid is a mesh structure. In this way, a mechanical lock is formed. This restriction hinders the movement of aggregates, which can be penetrated by aggregates in asphalt concrete. The asphalt mixture can achieve better compaction state, higher load-bearing capacity, better load transfer performance and smaller deformation under load.